All games will be played in accordance with NCAA hockey rules.
Exception: Icing is automatic and teams can change on an icing call.
All teams must be ready to play 30 minutes prior to their scheduled time.
USA Hockey Zero Tolerance policy will apply for all players, coaches & parents
1) Round Robin games
- Three 12-min stop-time periods
- 3-min warm-up; No time outs in round robin play
- Overtime played only during playoffs
- If team leads by 5 or more goals last 10 minutes of game, clock will not stop
- Minor Penalty:1:30
- Major Penalty: 4:00
- Misconduct: 6:00
- Four penalties in game = Game Misconduct for current game plus an additional game
- There will be no checking at any level
- Players can only be rostered on one team and must play in minimum of two games to be eligible for playoffs
2) Game Sheets: All teams must provide labels for weekend at start of tournament.
3) Locker Rooms: Coaches responsible to check locker rooms after every game. All locker rooms must be cleaned with all trash disposed of in trash cans.
4) Point System: Win 2 points Loss 0 points Tie 1 point
TIEBREAKER TO GET TO CHAMPIONSHIP GAMES
If two teams are tied with equal points to determine the winner will go as follows:
- Head to Head (2 teams tied only)
- Lowest Goals Against
- Goal Differential (Goals for minus goals against, max +/-3 goals per game
- Least Penalty Minutes
- If still tie (COIN TOSS)
- Championship Games will be three 15-min periods
- Teams in Semi-Finals & Finals will be given 1 minute timeout
- Overtime: Playoff rounds only one five (5) minute 4 on 4 sudden death period
- Shootouts: 3 player shoot out per team; should tie persist, sudden death shoot out until
there is a winner. No player may shoot twice unless all players have shot or team with least
amount of players has shot.